Curtains & Blinds
Breathe new life into your interiors with our high-quality on-trend curtains and blinds. Shop our large range of window furnishings in-store, online, or phone us to discuss custom requirements and book a free measure and quote.
Items 1-16 of 26 View All
TRANSFORM YOUR INTERIOR WITH CURTAINS AND BLINDS
Learn how form can meet function with the right curtains and blinds. Window furnishings can set the tone of any interior. You can flood your space with natural light or bring warmth and colour to the coldest of rooms.
The type of curtains and blinds you choose are influenced by a few key factors, including the type of window or door fixture, the interior style you’re trying to create or match, and the purpose you’d like them to serve - like privacy, light-filtering, blockout or even sun protection. Read on to learn more about choosing the best curtains and blinds for your home or business.
Choose from the largest range of window furnishings
Are you after stylish new window furnishings but aren’t sure where to begin? Whether you're fitting out your new home or replacing existing curtains and blinds to freshen up your interiors, you can’t beat Carpet Court for the largest on-trend range of window furnishings.
Blinds are a modern, practical solution because they’re easy to clean and can work in almost any décor. Indoor plantation shutters offer timeless elegance, insulation, and privacy. And curtains bring softness and versatility with sheer and blockout options.
Types of curtains and blinds available at Carpet Court
There are blinds to suit all interior designs, lifestyle requirements, and budgets at Carpet Court. Choose from:
- Venetian blinds – sleek, hygienic, and excellent for privacy
- Vertical blinds – practical, modern, and blend in with all interiors
- Panel Glide – Modern panel blinds offer optimum access through sliding doors
- Veri Shades® – Combine the softness of curtains with the versatility of blinds
- Plantation shutters – Timeless, stylish, great for insulation and light control
- Roman blinds – Give the look of a softfurnishing with the functionality of a blind
- Roller blinds – tried and true, thesecontrol light and can disappear completely when you want to let the outside in
- Curtains – Whether it’s sheer curtains, blockout, or both, they bring warmth and colour to interiors
Quality curtains and blinds Australia-wide
At Carpet Court, quality and workmanship are at the heart of what we do. We only work with the highest quality manufacturers and brands to produce our range of curtains, blinds, and flooring.
Our growing network of more than 200 Australian stores in every state and territory has proudly helped thousands of families and businesses achieve their window furnishing and flooring goals.
As Australia's largest retail window furnishing and floor covering specialist, Carpet Court has long had a reputation for expert advice based on superior product knowledge.
Custom made curtains and blinds to suit any room
Our window furnishing experts can come to you for a free consultation regarding the best selection for your home or business, and do a free measure and quote. Whether you’re looking for something special that you can’t find anywhere else, or you’re trying to furnish windows and doors in unconventional sizes, you’ll love our custom-made curtains and blinds service.
Once you’ve decided on the right type of blinds or curtains for your space, choose from our huge range of exquisite fabrics in a vast array of colours and designs. Not only doour fabrics look great, but they also offer loads of practical benefits like insulation, light-filtering and privacy.
Choose from our range of fabrics and colours to match your interior
Along with lifestyle and budget, matching your interior décor is a major consideration when it comes to curtain and blind fabrics. Carpet Court has a large range of fabric colours and textures. So, to narrow down your search, ask yourself the following questions about the function of your fabric options:
- Aside from the colour and design, are there any properties your fabric needs to possess? For example, will it need to insulate your room?
- Will moisture be an issue in the room? If so, look for a fabric with mould-resistant properties.
- Do you need a fabric that prevents the sun from damaging your interior?
- Does the fabric have a Greenguard Gold accreditation certifying low emissions of potentially harmful substances like lead and PVC?
Once you’ve worked out what practical purposes your fabric needs to meet, enjoy the best part – browsing one of the largest ranges of curtain fabrics and window dressings in Australia.
What are the benefits of blinds?
Controlling the light in a room and providing privacy aren’t the only benefits of blinds. Blinds also offer the following benefits:
- Easy maintenance – For rollers and venetians, a regular, quick vacuum and wipe is all you need
- Insulation – Keep the heat out or the warmth in
- Interior style – Choose from a variety of colour and textures
- Easy to install – Blinds simply click into brackets
- Affordable – Blinds are often cheaper than plantation shutters or custom-made curtains
Why should I have my blinds custom-fitted?
No matter which style of blinds you choose, custom-made blinds will be a perfect fit within your window or door cavity. This means they will provide the optimum in light filtering control as well as heat control, allowing no light or heat to escape or enter through unsightly gaps. The result will instantly refresh your interior with a designer lookand optimum performance.
What size blind do I need?
The size of blind you need is determined by two factors:
- Style – The style of blind you choose will need to work for the door or window cavity where it will be installed. Some blinds are best fitted within your door or window cavity, while others are designed to be outside the cavity.
- Mount – Once you’ve worked out how your blindneeds to be mounted, you can determine the size of your blind.
Our friendly team can come to you for a free measure and quote. Once you have made your fabric selection, our experienced team will install your blinds.
Is installing blinds easy?
We recommend using our expert installers to ensure you are 100% happy with yournew blinds because a perfect fit is imperative for optimum light and heat control. An experienced installer will fit blinds to your doors and windows quickly and with quality workmanship.
How do I choose which blinds are right for me?
Carpet Court has a fabulous blind collection covering a range of colours, designs, and styles. For our customers, budget is an important determining factor when deciding which fabric and style of blind to choose. The friendly and experienced team at your local Carpet Court store can suggest fabrics to suit your budget.
Equally important to budget is style. Which type of blind is best suited to both your home environment and your lifestyle? Some key questions to ask yourself are:
- Lifestyle - Do you have young children or pets? Ifso, go for something durable that can be kept out of reach as needed.
- Privacy & function - Do you need blinds for privacy or light filtering? Or both? You might like to consider double blinds – one for light filtering and one for blockout.
- Style - What is your interior design style – modernor traditional?
- Existing parameters - What style are your windows and in which direction do they open? Do your glass doors slide open, or do they open inwards or outwards? This will affect the mount you need to choose and potentially rule out (or in) certain styles.
- Location - In which rooms of the house will the blinds be installed? Are any oft hem particularly sunny? Or prone to moisture?
Carpet Court’s team of window covering specialists can help you determine the most important things you need your window coverings to do, so you can be sure to make the right decision.
What other factors should I consider before choosing blinds?
Blinds are such a good option for window furnishing. However, before you make your selection, it could be worth considering whether there’s any reason to choose an alternative. You might like to consider:
- Allergies – Are there any allergy sufferers in your home? Look for a lead and PVC-free fabric with Greenguard Gold accreditation. The Downton range is a perfect option for those with allergies or asthma.
- Maintenance – Roller blinds are very low maintenance. A simple vacuum and wipe down will do the trick. Venetian blinds and plantation shutters require a little more work in the form of regular dusting.
Shades and blockouts - you can even choose both
In bedrooms and other rooms of the house, you may need to consider pairing a light filtering blind with a blockout blind. Affixed to a duo roller, the combination of light filtering and blockout blinds allows you to simultaneously use both, one, or the other, depending on your needs. The benefit of light filtering is you will still have privacy and your interiors will be protected from UV rays as the afternoon or morning sun lights upyour space.
What kinds of blinds are best for kitchens?
The kitchen is the hub of the home. Carpet Court’s blinds collection is quite diverse, so there is sure to be a blind that will transform your kitchen from okay to fabulous!
- Plantation shutters – Sophisticated and luxurious plantation shutters work in kitchens and any room of the house. Their durability and timeless contemporary appeal make them a great investment as they can significantly increase the value ofyour home.
- Roman blinds – Fitted outside the window frame, Roman blinds provide your windows with a touch of elegance and sophistication. They can create a focal pointin the room, making a strong statement if you choose a richly textured design or a bold colour palette. However, you might want to consider whether they’ll be in a location that is prone to be splashed by food or liquids.
- Vertical or Panel Glide blinds – If your kitchen has a large window or glass sliding door to the outdoors, vertical or panel glide blinds are a cost-effective, practica loption allowing you to control privacy and light in your space.
- Venetian blinds – A durable, popular, relatively low maintenance option for window coverings in modern kitchens, choose from timber, fauxwood, and aluminium venetian blinds.
- Roller blinds - Affordable roller blinds are one of the most popular options for kitchens. They give your home a contemporary look and feel while being unobtrusive and easy to operate with an option of spring-loaded or chain mechanisms.
Simple and elegant curtains and blinds
Curtains and blinds can really set the scene in your interiors. What we love here at Carpet Cout about window furnishings is their versatility. In addition to looking great, a quality blind or curtain can provide privacy, insulate a room, filter light, and protect your floors and furnishings from UV rays.
Carpet Court has a beautiful range of stylish curtains and blinds, from elegant sheers and blockout curtains to practical roller blinds, or revolutionary new technology like VeriShades®.
Make life a little simpler with our electric curtains and blinds
Do away with chords and manual systems and make your house a smart home. Our electric curtains and blinds will open and close at the push of a button. Available in blockout or light filtering styles in a stunning range of fabrics. Motorisation and automation for window furnishings bring convenience and ease to your interiors.
Drop into your nearest store to see them for yourself and chat with our friendly, expert team about how these can work in your home or business.
Tips for dividing your space with our range of curtains and blinds
Do you have a large room that needs to be broken up into different zones? Or perhaps you need to make a room multi-functional by dividing it into two separate spaces. Clever use of curtains or blinds can do a lot. Sleek, ceiling-mounted curtains or panel gliders could be installed to create a private bedroom in a studio apartment or even add a study zone to a bedroom.
Clever use of curtains or blinds can do a lot. Sleek, ceiling-mounted curtains or panel gliders could be installed to create a private bedroom in a studio apartment or even add a study zone to a bedroom.
Book a free measure and quote
Ask your local Carpet Court showroom for a free measure and free quote to determine the cost of having new blinds, curtains or plantation shutters installed in your home or business.
If you’d like to see our products in person, or would like more specific knowledge about a product, from fabric composition to warranty information, our friendly, expert team would love to help you. Begin by searching for your closest store in either VIC, NSW, SA, QLD, TAS, ACT, WA, or NT.
What is the difference between curtains and blinds?
Curtains sit on a track or rod and usually run all the way to the floor, while roller blinds, roman blinds or venetian blinds usually only cover the size of the actual window. However, vertical blinds and panel glide blinds for doors run to the floor.
What is the most popular material for curtains and blinds?
Sheer curtains and Veri Shades® are very popular right now, as are roller blinds in fresh linen-look fabrics. Stylish plantation shutters and timber venetian blinds remain timeless and versatile options that suit almost any interior.