PROTECT YOUR CARPET WITH THE RIGHT CARPET UNDERLAY
When picking out a new carpet, it's easy to get caught up in the design, colour and feel. But have you ever paused to consider what goes underneath? We're talking about carpet underlay.
Even though it's hidden beneath your beautiful carpet, the underlay is key to keeping your floors in top shape. Getting the right advice on which carpet underlay to pick can make all the difference. With the best fit, you protect and prolong the life of your carpet.
DO YOU REALLY NEED UNDERLAY FOR THE CARPET?
While it may be hidden from view, the underlay can make your carpet comfortable, durable and high-performing. It is a cushioning layer that sits right under your carpet. Often crafted from materials like recycled foam, it might be out of sight, but it should never be out of your mind when deciding on flooring.
There's a wide variety of underlays tailored for different rooms, traffic needs and flooring types. With benefits ranging from thermal insulation properties to noise absorption, the right underlay can truly transform your flooring for the better.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD CARPET UNDERLAY?
Choosing the right underlay is an investment in the future of your new carpet and its durability. Here's what you should look for:
- Support - One of the primary purposes of underlay is to give your carpet the support it needs. A quality underlay will add years to your carpet's life. It's that extra layer that helps you maximise your carpet's potential.
- Comfort - A great foam carpet underlay enhances the whole walking experience. It adds a cushion pad feel to hard flooring and even helps reduce noise transmission. So, when you step on your new carpet, it should feel just right. A quality underlay ensures it does exactly that.
- Protection - When installed right, a quality underlay will extend the life of your carpet, protecting your investment for longer and leaving your new carpet feeling soft under your feet.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T USE AN UNDERLAY?
The reason we use flooring underlay is pretty straightforward. It gives you thermal insulation, acoustic insulation and under-foot cushioning. It also reduces wear on your carpeted floor.
If you skip using high-quality underlay, you're missing out on all these benefits. That means your new carpet or hard floors might not look or feel as good for as long as they should.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE BEST UNDERLAY?
Different types of flooring require different types of underlay. For example, commercial flooring needs a different kind of underlay compared to what's used in homes. Underlays also come with various ratings, strengths and purposes, all designed to meet specific needs.
Choosing the perfect underlay is easy with our expert team’s guidance. Whether you need asthma and allergy-friendly underlay like Dunlop Springtred, Australian-made options like Airstep, advice for uneven floors or are unsure about commercial space requirements, our expert team can help. Even if you're just exploring options for your wishlist, there's no better way to discover what's available than by talking to us about finding the right underlay for your needs. Just book a free consultation with us or visit one of our stores to discuss your requirements.
WHAT UNDERLAY IS BEST FOR CARPET?
When it comes to finding the best underlay for your carpet, Carpet Court has you covered. We go the extra mile to source the highest quality carpet underlays from the finest manufacturers. These suppliers have a strong track record of manufacturing and supplying top-grade underlays all across Australia while staying committed to the environment by using recyclable materials in their products.
We also know flooring products like no one else. When you choose your carpet and underlay from Carpet Court, you can be assured that the products we recommend:
- Offer High Quality: Some of the best in the Australian market, and they even come with warranties
- Meet Required Standards: Designed to meet all the required Australian quality and safety standards
- Carry Expert-Recommended Expertise: Crafted by experts who know that your underlay should last and keep your new carpet at its best
HOW DO YOU INSTALL UNDERLAY FOR CARPET?
Installing underlay for carpet is a task best left to the experts. At Carpet Court, our flooring specialists are here to guide you every step of the way. From joining carpets to using grippers, pattern matching to doorway trims and everything in between, you can count on us for a seamless installation.
We can also provide valuable insights into manufacturers' recommendations to achieve the best results. Don't hesitate to contact us for a hassle-free underlay installation process.
DO YOU NEED UNDERLAY ON LAMINATE FLOORING?
Did you know underlay isn't just for carpets? It's also important for laminate flooring and vinyl plank flooring. It's a thinner version compared to what's used under carpets, but it's still important. Here's why:
- Moisture Protection: When it comes to laminate, vinyl or timber flooring, you need underlay with a moisture barrier. This barrier stops moisture from seeping up through the subfloor, which is important, especially in areas in your home prone to dampness like basements.
- Levelling: Underlay helps make your flooring level, which might not sound like a big deal, but it's important for getting that smooth finish.
- Padding: Even though it's thin, foam underlay adds a bit of cushioning to laminate or vinyl planks, especially when you're installing them over concrete. It makes walking on them comfier, which ultimately increases under-foot comfort.
- Noise Reduction: Underlay reduces noise transmission, which makes your space quieter.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT UNDERLAY I NEED?
Choosing the right underlay might seem tricky, but don't worry — we're here to make it easy for you. Carpet Court has stores in Melbourne, Brisbane and all over Australia, staffed with flooring experts ready to help you every step of the way. We talk floors and floor coverings day in and day out, so who better to ask for advice?
Finding your nearest Carpet Court store is easy with our store locator. When you're ready to explore our floor coverings, simply head to our store and browse our selection. Once you find the perfect underlay, you can easily add it to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Let’s take the guesswork out of underlay selection and make sure you get the most out of your new carpet!
HOW DO I FIND INSPIRATION FOR MY HOME?
If you’d like more inspiration for your flooring choices, explore our Inspire page to find out about the latest seasonal trends for carpets, hard flooring, blinds and rugs. Gain insights from leading interior design experts to help you discover future trends, product inspiration, design concepts and more.