Add comfort and style to your home with Carpet Court's huge range of high quality rugs. Choose from traditional-style rugs, modern rugs, wool rugs, outdoor rugs, jute rugs and more for living rooms, hallways, bedrooms and outdoor areas.
Shop our extensive range of high quality area rugs perfect for living rooms, hallways, bedrooms and for outdoor areas. Whatever your space and rug size, browse our rugs online to enhance any home or office space with a choice of colours and designs, as well as textiles including wool rugs.
Rug Delivery Update - Please Note some postcodes may be excluded view the list here to make sure we can deliver to you.
For the best online selection of traditional and classic rugs in Australia, shop our luxurious range from Turkey, India and Belgium. Luxury traditional rugs, including Persian, Oriental and modern styles and designs, bring warmth and texture to any interior space, sure to enhance your home.
Shop our range of natural fibre wool rugs, the perfect carpet choice to enhance any interior space, from neutral greys to bold statement pieces. Ranging in price, our designer rugs in pure wool are a popular choice for homes across Australia, being stylish and naturally stain and soil resistant.
Transform the look of any room with our contemporary floor rugs, an easy and elegant way to infuse style into an interior space. Our extensive range of modern rugs and gorgeous designs are available to buy online, in varied shapes, sizes and colours, with convenient shipping across Australia.
Outdoor rugs add warmth, luxury and a unique designer element to any outdoor space, from a lush garden to a cute courtyard to an oversized patio. To create a seamless transition between your indoors and out, shop our wide range of outdoor rug and mat styles, with free delivery across Australia.
Add a layer of luxury and comfort to any room in your home with a made-to-measure custom made rug from the Bremworth collection. Create your unique look by browsing our extensive range of custom rugs and stylish carpet designs to fit any interior space and size, with free delivery across Australia.
Darren Palmer Collection
Introducing Darren Palmer's exquisite rug collection, a fusion of timeless elegance and contemporary flair. Immerse your space in luxurious comfort with these captivating designs, curated to elevate your decor.
Items 1-12 of 96 View All
FIND THE RIGHT RUG FOR YOUR HOME
Floor rugs add warmth, comfort, character and colour to every home. With our collection of classic and trending rug designs, finding the perfect rug to complete your home décor has never been easier. Let’s help you choose the right rug that fits your lifestyle, space and budget!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF RUGS?
Rugs make your home cosy and beautiful. At Carpet Court, we offer many types of rugs to fit different needs and styles. Before choosing one, it's good to know about the options available. Our vast range of rugs at Carpet Court includes:
Bring ancient traditions, craftsmanship and timeless beauty from exotic, faraway places right to your home with our traditional-style rugs. These luxury rugs showcase classic colours and designs, including Persian, Oriental and modern styles, and have been meticulously crafted by skilled craftsmen from Turkey, China, Belgium and India.
Elevate your interior design with a touch of luxury with modern rugs designed to impress. Our designer rugs in contemporary styles and trending colours and patterns are set to complement your home in a sleek style.
Outdoor rugs have come a long way from the humble doormat. Today, they serve a functional purpose and introduce style and comfort to outdoor entertaining spaces.
Carpet Court has an extensive range of outdoor rugs made from highly durable polypropylene. Specifically designed for alfresco areas, these rugs are the perfect rug for decks, pergolas and other outdoor spaces for many reasons:
- They’re UV stable, which means they won’t fade in the sun
- They’re easy to clean; just hose them down and let them dry in the sun
- They add definition to lounge or dining zones within large covered outdoor entertaining spaces
WHAT ARE POPULAR RUG MATERIALS?
Homeowners choose rug materials for their durability, comfort and how well they complement their home décor. At Carpet Court, we understand this, and that’s why we offer a wide range of rugs in various materials that suit your taste and stand up to daily wear and tear, including:
Wool rugs are beautiful, resilient, natural fibre rugs and luxuriously durable solutions for bedroom and living area floors. Wool is a natural rug fibre with natural fire resistance, the best insulating properties and is naturally soil and stain-resistant. All this makes wool rugs a wonderful choice in cool-climate family homes.
Synthetic rugs perform exceptionally well in high-traffic areas such as the dining room, living room, hallway, family room and home office. Stain-resistant, moisture repellent and easy to maintain, synthetic rugs are perfect for all living spaces in busy family homes.
We love jute rugs for adding a touch of natural appeal to spaces like study nooks, sunrooms, casual meal areas and relaxed living areas.
Eco-friendly, natural fibre rugs like our popular Bondi rug collection are handcrafted in India. They are made from high-quality, organic materials sourced from the fibres of the jute plant originating in Asia. Jute rugs don't like to get wet, but they are durable and surprisingly soft underfoot.
OTHER RUG MATERIALS
Aside from pure wool, synthetic and jute, Carpet Court also offers rugs from other materials. These include wool blends, eco-friendly recycled polyester and cotton, soft and durable microfibre and more. There’s a perfect rug from our wide selection that perfectly suits every home.
WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF A GOOD RUG?
When you're on the hunt for the right rug, it's not just about looks. A truly great rug has specific qualities that make it stand out, such as:
- Durability: Think about who will be living in the space. Whether it's busy foot traffic, playful kids, pets or heavy furniture, a good rug should be durable.
- Hypoallergenic: If your family suffers from allergies, consider non-shedding fibres for floor rugs, especially in bedrooms.
- Weather resistance: Think about the sort of environment the rug is going into. Whether you're in a part of Australia that experiences intense humidity or cold winters, or if the rug is meant for moisture-prone spots like kitchens, choose the rug's fibres appropriate to these conditions.
- Easy to maintain: A quality rug is about how it holds up over time. Go for rugs that require minimal effort to keep clean and look fresh.
- Right rug fibres: Selecting the perfect rug fibre depends on your specific requirements, whether it's warmth and insulation, durability or ease of maintenance. For busy households with rugs placed in high-traffic zones, opt for modern rugs in synthetic fibres with good soil and stain resistance that are easy to clean. A luxury home or home in a cold climate might benefit from a wool rug, providing sumptuous warmth and comfort underfoot.
- Right rug size and shape: Choose a rug that fits well in its space, both in size and shape. A good rug should be large enough to complement the area and connect with the main furniture around it.
- Right rug colour and design: This is influenced by your personal style to enhance your living space. Do you want your rug to be the focal point in the room or to complement other features? Choose bold designs and colours if you want the rug to be a stand-out accessory. If you prefer a rug to quietly complement other features, pick neutral or natural colours and a quieter design.
SHOULD RUGS MATCH FLOORING?
Floor rugs are incredibly versatile and look as beautiful on timber flooring as on concrete, carpets or tiles. Rugs are also an excellent way to keep your hard floors looking as good as new by protecting them from damage, such as dents and scratches.
Our fabulous range of rugs is also adept at providing acoustic insulation on hard floor surfaces, helping absorb noises like footsteps. This is why floor rugs are a great addition to your upstairs living spaces and bedroom floors if you’re in a two-storey home.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT RUG SIZE?
Rug size is often an area that buyers get wrong. A rule of thumb is if it’s big enough to fill the room or the living or dining space, it’s the right size.
Small rugs can be lost in a space, while large rugs that sit under the sofa, dining table, coffee table or even side tables feel luxurious and spacious and can add to your homewares and room décor. If in doubt, always go bigger – as long as the room rug fits into your living space.
You can even use a Moroccan rug or flatweave designer rug as wall art!
WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF RUG FOR A CHILD’S ROOM?
A starting point in choosing a rug for a kid’s room is probably to avoid a white rug! Our huge range of kids rugs is specially designed for kids’ rooms. These rugs are bestsellers for many reasons — they provide a soft, comfy place to play, help protect your floor and are also tough enough to withstand high-energy kids’ activities.
Australian designed and made from an acrylic pile, Carpet Court’s kids floor rugs are durable and feature a super soft plush pile in bright and neutral colours. To maximise style, match a kids rug to quilt covers and bedroom accessories for a coordinated look.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING RUGS?
Interior design guru and Carpet Court ambassador Darren Palmer recommends adding rugs to your space for a variety of reasons. The practical and aesthetic benefits of thick and luxurious floor rugs include:
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Softness and comfort underfoot
- Adding colour and textural design elements
- Creating definitive living/dining zones within open plan spaces
- An affordable way to update a room with the latest on-trend looks
Rugs are also the perfect interior design choice if you’re renting, adding your own personal style to a property.
CAN YOU GET A CUSTOM RUG MADE?
From leading brand Bremworth comes a new way to style your home with custom rugs made to measure. Custom-sized rugs from our favourite stunning collection of carpets add a touch of luxury to any home. Choose custom rugs aptly named Allure, Drift, Escape and Immerse as the perfect rug for any room in your home.
WHY IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO BUY A RUG FROM CARPET COURT IN AUSTRALIA?
Carpet Court makes it easy for you to buy new rugs online. Simply browse our huge range of rugs which includes designer rugs, modern rugs, traditional style rugs, shag rugs, bedroom rugs, hall runner rugs, Persian rugs, outdoor rugs and more.
Choose your rug colour, size, shape and edge style and checkout online. Remember, your new rug purchase from Carpet Court includes free delivery, so add a rug to your wishlist today!
HOW DO I RETURN A RUG?
If you change your mind or are not 100% happy with your online rug purchase, no worries! You can return it to us within five business days of purchase. As long as it’s still in new condition, in its original packaging, and you have proof of purchase, Carpet Court will gladly give you a refund or let you exchange it for the same value. Please note that return shipping fees will apply.
Carpet Court has stores all over Australia, including some great showrooms in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, where you can check out our in stock rugs and new arrivals in person. To find the nearest Carpet Court store, use our store locator.
What different features should I look for when buying a rug?
When deciding which is the right rug for you, there a few important lifestyle factors to consider:
- Think about who will be living in the space, how robust does the rug need to be to withstand foot traffic, pets, kids and heavy furniture? Does it need to be a rug which is easy to clean?
- If your family suffers from allergies consider non-shedding fibres for floor rugs, especially in bedrooms.
- What sort of environment is the rug going into? Do you live in an area of Australia with high humidity or very cold winters? Is the rug going into a wet area of the home, or a kitchen space? Choose rug fibres appropriate to the conditions in these scenarios.
- What is the right size and shape of rug for the space into which it is going? Ensure the rug is big enough to define the area and make contact with the main pieces of furniture in that space.
How do you choose the right rug for your living space?
The important things to consider when choosing a rug for your living space includes:
- Size: An area rug helps to define the living room space, particularly important in open plan designs. Ensure your living room rug is large enough to include part of your lounge furniture. Generally speaking, bigger is definitely better.
- Colour and Design: This is influenced by your personal style to enhance your living space. Do you want your rug to be the focal point in the room or to complement other features? If you want the rug to be a stand-out accessory, choose bold designs and colours. If you prefer a living room rug to quietly complement other features, choose neutral or natural colours and a quieter design.
- Fibres: Choose the right carpet fibre based on your needs, such as warmth and insulation, durability, and easy of cleaning. If yours is a busy home and the rug will occupy high traffic areas, modern rugs in synthetic fibres have good soil and stain resistance and are easy to clean. A luxury home or home in a cold climate might benefit from a wool rug providing sumptuous warmth and comfort under foot.
What size rug should I buy?
Rug size is often an area that buyers get wrong. A great rule of thumb is if it’s big enough to fill the room or the living or dining space, it’s the right size.
Small rugs can be lost in a space while large rugs that sit under the sofa, a dining table, coffee tables or even side tables, feels luxurious and spacious and can add to your homewares and room decor. If in doubt, always go bigger when choosing an indoor rug – as long as it fits into your living space.
You can even use a Moroccan or flatweave designer rug as wall art!