Privacy Collection Notice
Carpet Court Australia Ltd (ACN 001 195 697) and its related bodies corporate (Carpet Court) collect personal information about individuals for a range of purposes to enable it to carry out its functions.
Further details about the collection of your personal information are provided below.
Who is collecting your personal information
The contact details for Carpet Court are:
Postal address: Carpet Court Australia, Locked Bag 50, Mount Waverley BC, 3149, VIC
Telephone: 03 9244 7999
Collection of your personal information
Your personal information is collected when you:
- visit our Website and provide your details on our Website, including when you register to use our Website, sign up to receive a quote or subscribe to our newsletter or marketing material; and
- engage with us (or our franchisees) including online, over the phone, in store or via email.
We may also collect your personal information when you interact with us via our official social media pages that we control, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. You control the personal information we have access to through your privacy settings on the social media site.
Why does Carpet Court collect your personal information?
Carpet Court offers retail services to customers via its franchise stores including assisting you to choose the right flooring option, providing an extensive range of flooring and décor options and installation of flooring (Services). We collect your personal information in order to:
- facilitate the Services, including creating an account to manage your quotes, orders and projects, and monitoring the quality of our Services;
- respond to your enquiries;
- send you our newsletter;
- manage our Website;
- better understand your preferences; and
- facilitate our promotional, loyalty or other marketing campaigns, including direct marketing of promotions, products and services that we think might be of interest to you.
Each direct marketing communication we send you will include an 'unsubscribe' option. You can also request not to receive direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details above under 'Who is collecting your personal information'.
Your information may be de-identified and aggregated with other statistical data and used by Carpet Court or third party consultants for analysis and optimisation of our Services and Website.
What would happen if Carpet Court did not collect your personal information?
If Carpet Court does not collect your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the Services, including, access to an account, send you our newsletter or contact you regarding your enquiries and orders. However, you can still access general information on the Website.
Who will Carpet Court disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- franchisees of Carpet Court;
- third party suppliers of goods and services;
- third party suppliers of delivery and installation services;
- partners in our promotional, loyalty or other marketing campaigns which we engage in from time to time;
- our agents, successors and/or assigns;
- our insurers; and
- regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
In some circumstances in providing the Services we may disclose your personal information to service providers that perform a range of services on behalf of Carpet Court including auditors and solicitors, information technology vendors and other consultants.
Access to and correction of your personal information, and making a compliant
Overseas disclosure of your personal information
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas (an Overseas Recipient). This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Australia or where you are interacting with an application which is based overseas. The countries in which these Overseas Recipients may be located include New Zealand, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.