Congratulations to Stacey Hoskins from Brunswick Victoria you have won 50,000 Qantas Points!
The team at Carpet Court will be in touch to claim and allocate your prize!
CARPET COURT 50 YEAR MAGAZINE - WIN 50,000 QANTAS POINTS - TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Instructions, prize and information on how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering, entrants accept these conditions of entry.
2. This competition is being run by Carpet Court Australia Limited (the ‘Promoter’), Building 2, Level 1,195 Wellington Road, Clayton 3168, VIC, 3108 (ABN 77001195697).
3. The competition commences on Monday 9th October 2023 at 11 am AEDT and closes on Friday 3rd November 2023 at 11.59 pm AEST (‘Promotional Period’).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entries are open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or over, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and prize distributors. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
Entry into promotion
5. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. To enter, individuals must complete the following during the Promotional period: www.carpetcourt.com.au/promotions/qantas50 ‘In 25 words or less, describe your ‘home away from home’ dream destination. The competition closes Friday 3rd November 2023 at 11.59 pm AEST.
10. This is a game of ‘skill’ (answering effectively to the question of ‘Describe your home away from home’ ideal destination) and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
11. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
Drawing of entries
12. The draw will take place at 11 am on Friday 24th November 2023 at Carpet Court Australia Limited, Building 2, Level 1,195 Wellington Road, Clayton 3168, VIC. The draw will be conducted by Carpet Court Australia Limited (Drawer).
13. The result of the draw is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize of 50,000 Qantas Points (Prize). Qantas Points will be credited to the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 4 weeks of the relevant winner’s acceptance and verification including confirmation of their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number (and within one (1) month of the prize draw, subject to the winner’s acceptance), provided that they are still a current and active Qantas Frequent Flyer member as per the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership Terms and Conditions.
15. The total value of the prize is $2,436 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms). For example, 18,000 Qantas Points can be redeemed for a Flex Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Perth plus $45 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier chargers, accurate as at 1 August 2023 for travel on 2 November 2023. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$922.00 including taxes fees and carrier charges. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the prize (50,000 Qantas Points) is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of the prize (50,000 Qantas Points) will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
17. The redemption of the Prize (50,000 Qantas Points) is subject to the availability of Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
18. In the event that the prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winner should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
19. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. The Promoter does not accept liability for any expenses incurred by the Winner in redeeming the prize.
Notification of the winner
22. The winner will be notified via email within 7 business days of the draw and their names will be published on www.carpetcourt.com.au/promotions/qantas50 by 24th November 2023.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
23. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case the winner is ineligible. In the event of the Winner being ineligible/unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the Eligible Entrant whose entry was drawn next after the original winner.
24. A draw for the prize if unclaimed may take place on 12th April 2024 at the same time and place as the draw stipulated in Clause 24, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified in writing (email) within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Carpet Court website (www.carpetcourt.com.au/promotions/qantas50).
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
26. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
Entry details and privacy
28. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968(Cth).
29. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading of any materials in this promotion.
33. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
34. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
35. The prize may not be gifted to another person by the chosen winner.