Get the best custom-made window coverings in Melbourne from your local Carpet Court store. Discover the extensive range of stylish curtains, plantation shutters and roller blinds Victorian homes need for sun protection, light control, and privacy.
Items 1-12 of 22 View All
Choosing the right window furnishings for your Melbourne home
Let’s talk about why you need window furnishings for your Melbourne home - and not just any window furnishings, but the right window furnishings. Because the right blinds or curtains will not only provide practical benefits like privacy, light control, and insulation from the chilly Victorian winters and hot summers, they will also complement your interior design style.
Your local Carpet Court showroom is run by people who are locals just like you. They have years of experience sourcing and installing the blinds Melbourne homeowners want. From the latest style of curtains for relaxed living spaces to affordable blinds for modern Australian homes. Browse our range of quality blinds online and head to your local showroom to check out your favourite styles in person and chat with the helpful team.
Plantation shutters to suit your Victorian home
Here in Victoria, we have a mix of home architecture styles. From bungalows, Victorian homes, and Edwardian or Queen Anne styles, to post-war and modern houses. There is one window treatment that suits every style of home, and that’s plantation shutters. Their timeless lines and elegant looks improve the look of your house from both the inside and the outside. Long considered the pinnacle of window treatments, plantation shutters have been known to add value to a property. You can choose the shutter material based on your requirements, from PVC for wet areas to timber or faux wood for living spaces and bedrooms. That’s why they are the perfect window treatment for your Victorian home.
Blinds to match your home furniture and decor
There’s a blind for every style of home decor. From ultra-modern apartments to traditional-style family homes or coastal holiday abodes. The window treatment you choose must be based on two important factors: function and style. Blinds tend to sit within the frame of your window or door, while curtains are hung from above the frame and run to the floor. So, choose a window treatment that will operate cohesively with the windows or doors in your home, then browse our highest-quality fabrics and materials to match your walls, floors, and furniture.
Custom blinds to fit any space in your home
Quality blinds that have been custom-made and professionally fitted to your window or door will look great and operate smoothly for many years. Choose from the following styles of window furnishings available from your local Carpet Court showroom:
- Roller blinds
- Roman blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Panel glide blinds
- Venetian blinds
- Sheer curtains and blockout curtains
- Veri Shades®
- Plantation shutters
- Awnings and outdoor blinds (select stores only).
You can expect excellent service and competitive prices from all 53 of the Carpet Court retailers located across Victoria. From Melbourne and Geelong, up to Echuca, east to Bright, west to Horsham and many locations in between. Find your nearest Victorian Carpet Court in our store locator.
High-quality blockout blinds to keep your home cool this summer
Block out the hot sun with a quality blockout blind fabric. Blinds help insulate your home in two ways. Firstly, they stop the hot sun from entering your room. Secondly, it creates a barrier that prevents external temperatures from entering your home via the glass of your window or door. Our range of blockout blinds includes roller blinds, roman blinds, vertical blinds, and panel glide blinds.
Durable roller blinds at an affordable price for your home or office space
Roller blinds are one of the most popular window coverings for homes and offices. And it’s easy to see why.
- Affordability - one of the most affordable blind types in the Carpet Court range.
- Variety - available in a huge variety of colours to suit the decor in your home or business.
- Functionality - roller blinds are so easy to operate and can sit at any height within your window, from closed to partially or fully open.
- Privacy - light filtering and transitional sunscreen fabric provide daytime privacy and blockout blinds provide nighttime privacy.
Best blinds to use for your living room
If you’re like most people, you want natural light in your living room. At Carpet Court, you’ll find numerous window coverings that will meet this requirement, including:
- Fabric blinds: Roller blinds, roman blinds, vertical blinds, and panel glide blinds. Choose a blockout or light-filtering fabric from our extensive range that complements your walls, floors, and decor.
- Venetian blinds: A hard-slatted, classic window covering that allows you to control light and privacy by adjusting the angle of the blades.
- Plantation shutters: An elegant window treatment that suits any style of home. Shutters sit as permanent fixtures in your windows or doors.
- Curtains: Available in sheer and blockout fabrics. S-fold curtains and pencil pleat curtains are popular for a relaxed look in living spaces, while pinch pleat curtains are perfect for formal living rooms. Eyelet curtains suit contemporary interiors.
- Veri Shades®: An excellent option for living rooms, Veri Shades® look like sheer curtains but perform like a blind. Simply turn the control wand to take Veri Shades® from sheer daytime mode to opaque mode for light control and privacy.
Free measure & quote on all window coverings in Vic
Wherever you are in Victoria, you can get a free quote on window furnishings from Carpet Court. A friendly professional from your local showroom will come to you for an in-home assessment of your window and door openings. Feel free to ask them any questions you may have about the difference between curtains and blinds and which type of quality products will work best in your home.
What are the benefits of roller blinds?
A light-filtering roller blind will control glare, allow natural light in, and provide daytime privacy; while a blockout roller blind gives you nighttime privacy and the ability to completely block out light. Double roller blinds are popular in Australia because you can combine light filtering and blockout fabrics in one blind.
What is the lifespan of blinds?
Carpet Court’s high-quality fabrics and materials are manufactured to withstand frequent daily use in Australian households and businesses. While warranty periods vary between products, you can expect several years of good looks and smooth operation from your new blinds.