Enhance your home or office with the classic look of Carpet Court’s Roman blinds, available in a wide design and fabric range. Shop our Roman blinds online and book a free measure and quote, or drop by your local showroom for expert advice.
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ROMAN BLINDS
As practical as they are tasteful, the minimal lines and soft textures of Roman blinds will beautifully frame your window and bring texture and warmth to your interior spaces. Add to this some practical benefits like excellent light control, sun protection, insulation and blockout capabilities, and you’ve got window furnishings that are hard to beat. We’ve put together a handy guide to help you understand why Roman blinds are a great choice for your home or office.
WHY CHOOSE ROMAN BLINDS FOR YOUR WINDOWS
If you love luxury and elegance, Roman blinds are a great option. Here are a few reasons why you should choose them for your living space or commercial property:
- Attractive - The layers of fabric add softness, texture, and depth, as well as a touch of opulence to your home. They also create a designer focal point in a room, especially if you choose a textured design or dramatic colour palette.
- Timeless style - Stylish, versatile, and energy efficient, these blinds have stood the test of time as a window furnishing with timeless appeal. By selecting your fabric from Carpet Court’s extensive blockout and light filtering range, you can add depth to your space and elevate its natural look and feel with woven and linen look fabrics with linear textures.
- Decor Versatility - Clean lines and soft textures make these blinds perfect for any Australian traditional-style or contemporary home. Customise them in fabrics of various colours, functions and textures to suit your style. For big windows in a contemporary home, light-coloured fabrics give a natural glow. In a traditional home, choose fabrics that highlight and complement the room's colours.
- Insulators - These blinds offer great insulation by blocking sunlight in summer and keeping indoor warmth in winter, which helps reduce energy costs and reliance on heating and cooling. So, whether you’re keeping out the harsh Perth sun or holding onto indoor warmth during a cold Melbourne winter, these blinds are an excellent window treatment option.
- Easy to use - They’re operated with a simple cord and cleat or chain system to effortlessly draw them up or down. They can also be fully motorised for seamless operation at the touch of a button.
- Light control - Adjust them to your desired level, from fully open to fully closed to anywhere between.
- Versatile - Suitable for a variety of window sizes - big or small.
- UV protection - This window covering solution works well for any room. Blinds in a light filtering fabric let in natural light while serving as sunscreen for your floors and furnishings and maintaining night-time privacy — perfect for living or dining rooms. And a blockout fabric could be used in a bedroom or nursery to completely darken the room for a great night’s sleep.
HOW DO ROMAN BLINDS WORK?
Roman blinds are made of fabric and bring a soft, layered effect to your room. When you pull them down, they lay flat against the window. But the real transformation happens when you raise them — they gather into elegant pleats and create a classic look.
Traditionally, these blinds come with a cord lock or chain drive system. However, they can also be installed with full motorisation for effortless usability and a touch of wow factor. When fully raised, their tidy folds resemble a pelmet, giving your window a polished and stylish appearance.
HOW MUCH DO ROMAN BLINDS COST?
Blinds come in a wide range of styles and prices to suit different preferences and budgets. When it comes to Roman blinds, the cost isn't one-size-fits-all. Carpet Court’s Roman blinds are customised to perfectly fit your windows or doors and are even sized to fit arched or angled designs. The final cost depends on your preferred size and specifications.
To get an accurate cost estimate, all you need to do is schedule a free, no-obligation measure and quote. Our expert team will reach out to you to arrange a convenient appointment for measurements and pricing details tailored specifically to your space.
HOW DO YOU MEASURE FOR ROMAN BLINDS?
For a professional finish you’ll love and optimum performance of your window furnishing investment, it’s best to have your blinds installed by our Carpet Court experts. It’s simple to get started — just book a free measure and quote online or call your nearest showroom. One of our friendly consultants will visit your home, bringing along free samples of fabric.
While you may consider DIY installation, we advise against it. Roman blinds require precise measurements and expertise for optimal results. Our experienced team is equipped to ensure your blinds are fitted perfectly, so it’s a wise choice to let the experts handle the task. You can also view our FAQs or warranty information for further assistance.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN AND MAINTAIN ROMAN BLINDS?
Cleaning and maintaining Roman blinds is straightforward. You can usually give them a good dusting with a soft brush attachment to your vacuum cleaner. For deeper cleaning, spot clean any stains with a mild detergent and warm water. Just be gentle, and they should stay looking great for a long time.
SHOP ROMAN BLINDS ONLINE OR IN-STORE AT CARPET COURT
With over 200 local stores in every state and territory, Carpet Court is Australia’s largest retailer of window coverings. Our friendly team would love to show you our range of latest fabrics, styles, designs and colours. We offer options to suit any style of décor or personal taste, such as:
BLOCKOUT ROMAN BLINDS
For rooms requiring complete darkness, such as bedrooms or home theatre rooms, blockout blinds are an excellent choice. Provided they are well-fitted to your window to minimise gaps, these blinds offer excellent room darkening properties.
Carpet Court’s range of blockout blinds includes Austere and Contemporary in warm and dark shades. Austere blinds are made of a lead and PVC free material, while Contemporary blinds have a Greenguard Gold certificate for low chemical emissions, perfect for families and allergy sufferers.
LIGHT FILTERING ROMAN BLINDS
In rooms where you need day and night privacy and light control but don’t need room darkening fabric, blinds in light filtering fabric could be perfect. They bring the beauty of natural light into your home while creating a two-way screen. So, you can see out, but no one can see in.
HOW DO I CHOOSE A ROMAN BLIND COLOUR?
If you’re looking to elevate your window coverings, our team at Carpet Court knows how to help. There are now more options than ever in our large range of blind styles and fabrics. Whether you need window coverings for one room or a variety of options to suit different parts of your home, from kids’ rooms to living areas or even formal dining rooms, we’ll have something to suit you.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to which colour blinds you should choose, as it is a matter of personal taste. But as a general design rule, it’s important to consider that warm and cool colours will have different effects on your home. Warm colours are perceived as lively, while cool colours are more calming and relaxing.
If your décor is more on the contemporary side, strong colours will make a unique designer statement. If you prefer a more traditional or classic look, neutral colours and natural textures never go out of style and can easily be accessorised with pops of colour in your soft furnishings.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF WINDOW FURNISHINGS?
Carpet Court’s range of Roman blinds is available in traditional plantation style, with horizontal aluminium battens, which gives a room a casual look. Or, for a more contemporary classic style, they also have neat and minimal folds. Both types are available in a variety of fabrics, achieving a different look and varying levels of light control. If you want to look at our other window furnishings, here’s a rundown:
SOFT WINDOW FURNISHINGS
- Curtains – Bring soft elegance, warmth, and colour through your selection of curtain fabrics.
- Veri Shades® - Offer day and night-time privacy in a design that combines the softness of curtains with the versatility of blinds.
- Roller blinds – Control light and disappear completely when you want to let the outside in. These can be single hung in a sheer or blockout fabric, double hung as a sheer and blockout or dual sheers combo.
- Vertical blinds – Practical, modern, available in a wide variety of colours, and blend in with all interiors.
- Panel glide blinds - Panel blinds are stylish and offer optimum access through sliding doors.
HARD WINDOW FURNISHINGS
- Venetian blinds – Sleek, durable, easy-clean and excellent for privacy.
- Plantation shutters – Timeless, elegant and great for insulation. Plantation shutters become a semi-permanent fixture in your home that adds value to your property.
ROMAN BLINDS INSTALLATION
To enhance your space with our blinds, book a free quote or measure. Carpet Court’s expert team is here to ensure your blinds are professionally installed, sparing you the hassle of DIY. We also provide expert interior design advice to help you visualise and learn more about selecting blinds that complement your floors and décor. You can also check out our seasonal trends catalogue and Inspire page for more inspo.
If you want to see more of our products in person, drop by your local showroom. Begin by entering your postcode into our store finder for your closest store in either VIC, NSW, SA, QLD, TAS, ACT, WA or NT. When you've found the perfect blinds, simply head to checkout for a smooth payment process.
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS OF ROMAN BLINDS?
Roman blinds are easy to use, energy efficient, and look great in any style of home. Like other blinds, they are operated easily with a cord or chain mechanism, while their fabric provides insulation and can be coordinated with your existing décor and colour scheme.
ARE ROMAN BLINDS STILL FASHIONABLE?
Yes, Roman shades are definitely still fashionable. In terms of design, they offer a classic look that’s a perfect choice for both modern and traditional homes.